Thursday 1 August 2019

The spider and the picnic

AO Integrate sources of information, processes, and strategies with developing confidence to identify, form, and express ideas I am learning to include visual information in my writing including images, graphs and charts. I am learning to revise and rework my writing for clarity, impact and purpose. I am learning to support my main ideas with important details.

                                                          The spider and the picnic!

 Hi I’m Wilby the spider. Today is going to be a fun day because it's Saturday, that means its picnic day! I wait in the bushes in my snuggly silk web. The birds chatter, it’s time, it’s time. so I peek through a hole in the bushes. “There they are I say”. I tiptoe down my web on my little fluffy feet. I smell a woft of cake, mmm I'd like some of that. I run out of the bushes into the soft green grass. The humans look like giants! The food wasn’t too far away now but it felt like a very long time until I got there. I sneak under the blanket and see a little hole so I wriggle up and I'm stuck inside the cake. I'm happy now because there's all you can eat. I start with a small nibble, slowly getting bigger and BIGGER until the whole cake was hollow. I start feeling very full so I stop. Something is vibrating, what should I do? But I’m too late I'm already down the hatch. It’s a bit wet and soggy down here. Suddenly I hear a gag and I get coughed out into the sky. I'm very excited because I'm FLYING and it’s fun. Wait now I'm falling. I shut my eight eyes and hope for the best. I opened my eyes and I’m back in my web. “Well, that was a fun day I say”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.